Search The File Cabinet of Verbal Diarrhea

Monday, January 14, 2008

Concerto for Constantine


Concerto for Constantine is a new band that formed this past summer. Its sort of an Irish supergroup, if you want to look at it that way. You have Mark Greaney (formerly of JJ72) on vocals and guitar, Gavin Fox (formerly of a wonderful band called Turn and briefly with Idlewild) on bass, and Binzer (formerly of The Frames) on drums. As JJ72 were one of my favorite bands, I'll listen to anything Mark throws my way.

What you see and hear on MySpace is all that's available to the public right now. "Killing Fields" is very aggressive, and sounds like Mark has been studying the vocal style of James Dean Bradfield of Manic Street Preachers. In fact, the band's sound in general reminds me reminds me of 'The Holy Bible' era Manics, minus Richey's incoherent babbling that he called lyrics (NOTE: if you've never heard that album, you're missing out). Mark was working on some great stuff on his own after JJ72 split, but decided to give being in a band one more crack. I'm anxious to hear what these guys have up their sleeves.

No comments:

Blog Archive