Search The File Cabinet of Verbal Diarrhea

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Graham Coxon may be happy and fulfilled, but I'M NOT!



Graham Coxon told the NME this week that a rumored reunion with Blur did not happen. Studio time was booked back in December, but they didn't go in. He said, "We met for a catch-up and it was great, but there was no real talk of recording. It doesn’t really bother me. I’ve got enough going on to feel happy and fulfilled."

Graham has become a bit of a jerk since he left Blur. He acts as if his music is some sort of second coming. I have all of his solo albums, and while I enjoy them, they're not the first thing I think of when I want something to listen to. As for Blur, I know I'm not the only person that thought 'Think Tank' was a major disappointment. Without Graham, it was nothing more than a Gorillaz-lite album with a bad attempt at recreating "Song 2". Everyone has their own thing now. Damon has his bands, Graham has his music, Dave has his planes and his animation, and Alex has his cheese. I'd really like to see just one more Blur album with the four members; a sort of "so long and thanks for all the fish" of britpop.

If Brett Anderson and Bernard Butler could make music again, anything is possible.

No comments:

Blog Archive