Search The File Cabinet of Verbal Diarrhea

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ellis County is under water

The rain moved in on Tuesday morning. Here it is at 2am Wednesday, and it hasn't let up yet. I'm going mad because the sound of rain hitting the house is all I've heard for the last 20 hours or so. We're fortunate enough to be on a hill, so we're not in any real flood danger, but there's still a good deal of standing water in both the front and back yards. To give you an idea of where I'm at, I'm in between Red Oak and Waxahachie, about five to ten minutes away from the mobile home park that was evacuated in Red Oak, and about fifteen minutes south of Ten Mile Creek in Lancaster. Ben Fleming of Blackheart Society is out here as well, somewhere in Red Oak proper. Hopefully I won't have to swim to Fallout Lounge this Friday because... well, I can't swim, but that's another story for another time.

There's still going to be a lot of high water out there today, so be safe. Basically, if you're in your car and you have to think about crossing any water, don't. Better yet, stay inside and watch this classic Goldie Lookin' Chain video:



New album "Under the Counter" is out now. Hopefully I'll have it by this Friday.

No comments:

Blog Archive