Search The File Cabinet of Verbal Diarrhea

Sunday, July 6, 2008

FEVER - playlist for 7/4

I got most of the playlist for the 4th of July bash. Honestly, I was having so much fun by the end of the night that I forgot to keep track.

A special thanks to everyone that made last night's debut of YOU! ME! DANCING! a success. We're doing it again on August 9th, with Kristen D helping me at the controls. I'm curious to see what she has in store.

Here's the 4th of July soundtrack:

The Youngsters - Smile
Sasha - Magnetic North
Sub Sub - Space Face
Doves - Firesuite
Zoot Woman - Maybe Say
Postal Service - The District Sleeps Alone Tonight
Young Galaxy - Come and See
Vitesse - Unsolvable
Love & Rockets - Haunted
Sneaker Pimps - Bloodsport
I Am X - Kiss and Swallow
Wire - Hard Currency
JJ72 - Half Three
The Pretenders - Back on the Chain Gang
The Smiths - How Soon Is Now
The Police - Can't Stand Losing You
Air - Electronic Performers
Jeans Team - Nonstop Nonstop Nonstop
Of Montreal - Disconnect the Dots
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1
Primal Scream - Higher Than the Sun
Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
Pixies - Digging for Fire / Allison
PJ Harvey - Big Exit
Ian Brown - Time is My Everything
The Cars - Strap Me In
Pulp - Mile End
The Smiths - Girlfriend in a Coma
The Cure - High
Dandy Warhols - Not If You Were the Last Junkie on Earth
Grandaddy - Now It's On
The Cribs - Men's Needs
Switches - Lay Down the Law
David Bowie - Starman
APB - Shoot You Down
Stone Roses - Waterfall
The National - Brainy
ABC - Poison Arrow
A Flock of Seagulls - Space Age Love Song
Pulp - Babies
The Smiths - Still Ill
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Cities in Dust
Duran Duran - Careless Memories
Robots in Disguise - Mirror
New Order - Thieves Like Us
Berlin - The Metro
Erasure - Chorus
LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk is Playing at My House
Devo - Girl U Want
The Fixx - One Thing Leads to Another
Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough
Blur - Girls & Boys
The Presets - The Boy's In Love
Bis - Silver Spoon
Datarock - Princess
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Kiss Them For Me
Joy Division - She's Lost Control
INXS - Don't Change
Los Campesinos! - YOU! ME! DANCING!
The Rapture - Out of the Race and Onto the Tracks
Simian - Never Be Alone
Joan Jett - I Love Rock and Roll
Pulp - Disco 2000
The Presets - Are You the One
The Walkmen - The Rat
Art Brut - My Little Brother
The Faint - Agenda Suicide
Stereo MCs - Connected
Alphaville - Forever Young (Dance mix)
Happy Mondays - 24 Hour Party People
Cut Copy - Feel the Love
Louis XIV - Finding Out True Love is Blind
Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
ELO - Don't Bring Me Down
The Pipettes - Pull Shapes
Supergrass - Alright
the rest of the night gets a bit fuzzy here...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forever Young!!! Too bad I missed it! That song's hardly ever played anywhere. My high school boyfriend got the DJ at his prom to play that and "Everyday Is Like Sunday" for us. The dance floor emptied except for us and our fellow freaks and geeks. :)

Patrick said...

When I went to Australia, I kept hearing forever young. ALL THE TIME. I couldn't figure out why it was so popular.. I was like this song is so old why are they playing it so much?

It was a cover.

Also: Play more PJ I'm sure it goes over like a brick but whatever

Blog Archive