Search The File Cabinet of Verbal Diarrhea

Monday, December 22, 2008

I'M NOT DEAD!




Well, it's been a long time, hasn't it? I apologize for the lack of updates. Sometimes, life takes unexpected turns, and updating the world on Thom Yorke's last toilet break is the furthest thing from your mind. Not that I ever did that, but I think you know what I mean.

"So what the hell's been going on, Macho?" I'm glad you asked!

FEVER is still going strong every Friday night at the Fallout Lounge. Thanks to everyone that has popped in, whether you just came out once, or we see you every week. Cameron and I appreciate the support.

You may have heard some rumors that I'm leaving FEVER soon. They were true, sort of. I had planned on leaving effective at the beginning of 2009, but the more I think about it, I think the best plan is to just take a few weeks off. As I mentioned earlier, life took some unexpected turns, including a big one this past week. With my day job taking a lot of my time, as well as Friday nights, I think I just need to take some time to stop and breath for a minute. There are some things my family and I have to deal with. We're going to be okay in the long run, but right now I need to see where my talents are best suited. I don't think I could ever stop DJing full-time. As much of a hassle as it can be sometimes, I really do enjoy it. I'll be back.

It's not all negative though. I've been seeing a young woman for the past six months, and I can honestly say that this is someone I want to spend many more years with. She's beautiful, amazing, fun, and lots of other words that I don't tell her often enough. If you've seen her at FEVER, you can tell why it's a little hard to focus on music sometimes, heh heh.

I've heard a few new albums this year. The new Stills album, "Oceans Will Rise", is quite good, as is "Missiles" by The Dears. I personally thought "Forth" by The Verve was a bit of a yawner. Maybe I have a shorter attention span nowadays, but I really think most the songs were too long. It's okay to have a seven or eight minute song. You just have to make sure it goes somewhere.

I keep finding myself going back to older tunes. The music being turned out by today's artists, while good, just doesn't have the staying power that the older stuff has. Five years from now, we'll still be talking about "Siamese Dream", and we'll hardly remember She Wants Revenge.

So there's the story of the last few months. Hopefully I'll be updating this blog on a more regular basis from now on. Goodnight, and I'll see you on Friday.

- Macho

No comments:

Blog Archive