Search The File Cabinet of Verbal Diarrhea

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The price of going digital (shades)

On Tuesday, after two and a half years of rough handling, the USB port on my hard drive broke. I had to literally crack the case to get the actual hard drive out. I had a bit of a "Farewell Aquarius, and we thank you," moment.

The drive itself is fine, but I have to find a new case by Friday, or Cameron will be flying solo at Fallout. Shouldn't be too much of a problem. For you geek types out there that might be willing to lend a hand, I need a 3.5" IDE external hard drive enclosure, preferably with USB 2.0.

What bums me out the most is that I had just transferred all of my recent acquisitions over to the drive, and I don't have any backups on CD yet. Yeah, pretty foolish. I should start doing that. I was looking forward to falling asleep to the latest M83 effort which I finally picked up. "Digital Shades Vol. 1" is a very mellow work. If this were eight years ago, you might have even called it "chill out music". Think of it as Anthony Gonzalez attempting to recreate Bowie's ambient pieces of the late 70s. Excellent work.

I'll leave you with one of M83's louder and more familiar moments, "Don't Save Us From the Flames":

No comments:

Blog Archive