Search The File Cabinet of Verbal Diarrhea

Monday, January 21, 2008

Tap Tap into The Most Serene Republic

The Most Serene Republic are playing at Lola's in Fort Worth on March 12th. Unfortunately, that's the same night at The Cribs at The Loft in Dallas, so if you're like me, you suddenly have a bit of a mess to sort out. Which one do you like better? Which one is more likely to return to D/FW? Lucky for me tickets for The Cribs haven't gone on sale yet.

TMSR are another Arts & Crafts band, and as I've said before, everything this label puts out, except for Apostle of Hustle, is pure gold. Clearly, A&C is doing something right.

Here's the video for "The Men Who Lived Upstairs" by The Most Serene Republic:


Another band I checked out over the weekend is a Reading, England outfit called Tap Tap. A FEVER regular brought them to my attention, so I went to see what all the fuss is about. In blogworld, they're being compared to Arcade Fire and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (how about, no). "She Doesn't Belong" and "100,000 Thoughts" have a Peter Bjorn & John twee feel to it, and "Way to Go Boy" sounds like Arcade Fire's "Laika" meets Madness. Not something I'd go out of my way to listen to, but not horrible either. You can find a couple of songs on My Old Kentucky Blog.

No comments:

Blog Archive