Search The File Cabinet of Verbal Diarrhea

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Glen and Mar win!



I saw The Frames at SXSW in 2002. It was also the first time I met Glen Hansard. He was one of the nicest people I had ever had the pleasure of meeting.

I saw them again at Rubber Gloves in Denton in September of that same year. There were about 15 people at the show. This time, I got to interview Glen for my radio show at UTA. Once again, he was great.

And now, Glen Hansard is an Academy Award winner. I'm thrilled right now. I'm so happy for Glen and Marketa Irglova. I just hope that 1) They remain the same humble people they've always been, and 2) I'll still be able to see The Frames for under $30.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

OK, so I had no idea who they were until my Czech friend, Bara, encouraged me to go see Once ls year when it was playing ot the Angelika. I adored the movie and the music. I've since seen them perform it on tv a few times and get tingles when I hear the song. I almost fell out of my chair last night when they won!

Blog Archive