Search The File Cabinet of Verbal Diarrhea

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Remastered My Bloody Valentine

Kevin Shields has remastered 1988's "Isn't Anything" and 1991's "Loveless" (in my personal top ten) for a June 16 release overseas. No word yet on any sort of US release, though I wouldn't be surprised to see somebody pick them up.

"Loveless" will be a two-disc edition. The first disc will be a digital reworking of the album. The second disc will be a new Shields mix using the original analog tapes. Honestly, I probably won't be able to tell a great difference between the two versions, but I'm sure the MBV fan audiophiles out there will have a field day with it.

MBV is also touring the US, if you call six shows a US tour. As expected, they're not coming anywhere near Dallas. Anyone in New York or LA care to house me for a couple of nights in late September?

No comments:

Blog Archive