Search The File Cabinet of Verbal Diarrhea

Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Stills are back!


Montreal band The Stills will release their third album, Oceans Will Rise on August 19th through their new home, Arts & Crafts, which I still believe is the best record label on the planet right now. Any label that can have The Stills, The Dears, Young Galaxy, Los Campesinos!, and Stars under one umbrella is alright by me.

A couple of songs from Oceans Will Rise have been made available on the web. The first, "Being Here", sounds just as amazing as it did when I first heard it sitting in the grass in Prospect Park last summer. The second, "Rooibos/Palm Wine Drinkard", reminds me a bit of The Alarm, and I'm not entirely sure why. That's the first thing I thought of when listening to the song. I do love the end though, when it reprises "In the End" from the Without Feathers album. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but I picked up on it rather quickly.

Thanks to My Old Kentucky Blog for providing the tracks:

The Stills - Being Here

The Stills - Rooibos/Palm Wine Drinkard

Here is the performance of "Being Here" that I mentioned above. That was the last weekend in June 2007. I remember that night well.

No comments:

Blog Archive