Search The File Cabinet of Verbal Diarrhea

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Killing Joke and Los Campesinos!

Besides watching the Super Bowl (damn Steelers), I've been listening to a lot of Killing Joke today. Harder than punk but not as hard as metal, they influenced both. Metallica covered "The Wait" on their 'Garage Inc.' album a few years back, and the main riff of "Eighties" was allegedly ripped off by Nirvana for the "Come As You Are" intro. Hear it for yourself:



If you weren't at Club Dada on Saturday night, you missed a hell of a show by Los Campesinos! and Titus Andronicus. I jumped around. I danced. I had a nice conversation with Gareth, the singer, at the end of the night. I had a great time. They put a smile on my face.

"Death to Los Campesinos!":

2 comments:

Patrick said...

That Killing Joke song sounds too much like early U2 for me. The Wait is much more to my liking!

Patrick said...

Then again even the chorus of The Wait sounds like early U2

Blog Archive