Search The File Cabinet of Verbal Diarrhea

Friday, July 9, 2010

NEW ART RIOT with El Macho


For those of you who don't know, I had a night at The Lounge on Elm St. called UNDERGROUND. On Thursdays, I would play lots of new and classic Britpop and Indie in Deep Ellum. It was very much inspired by the many nights I spent at Mondo during my New York adventure in 2007. Sadly, I was unaware that The Lounge was going to be so poorly managed, and very rarely would they pay me for my services. Live and learn I suppose. So, I ended the night, and I've been biding my time, waiting for a chance to relaunch the night at a venue that seemed to know what the hell they were doing.

With the success of FEVER, the folks at Tradewinds have given me the chance to play the music that I love. Since I can't really use the UNDERGROUND moniker, as it's also the name of a popular LA club event, I have changed the name of the night to NEW ART RIOT. Yes, just like the Manic Street Preachers' debut EP. You will hear the Manics, as well as lots of others, from the Beatles to Bowie to Blur and beyond.

I'm also happy to be teaming up with Todd Cochran of The Dumbing of America on this monthly event. Through his blog, I have discovered and rediscovered many great bands and artists, some of which he will play at NEW ART RIOT. His site is a refreshing approach to blogging in Dallas; definitely much better than reading about another overhyped Denton band or another flannel and beard flavor of the month. We hope to deliver similar content with our own spin here on the FEVER blog.

So far, two nights have been booked: Friday, July 30th, and Friday, August 27th. We hope to see you out there.

Blog Archive