Search The File Cabinet of Verbal Diarrhea

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Let's Stumble on The Sea and Cake

I wanted to talk about a band that I have been digging on again called The Sea and Cake. The Sea and Cake is an indie rock band with a pronounced jazz influence, which formed in the mid-1990s in Chicago. 


I have really started listening to them again and thought well if you haven't heard of them this could be something you might dig.  I have posted a video of the song To The Author.... Enjoy - you heard it first from the FEVER guys.  They are kind of what I would call a Jazz fusion Electronic band that sound similar to Gang of Four, Zoot Woman, and King Crimson if that makes any sense what-so-ever.  I like that they change their color of sound to where you can't put your finger on them.  Enjoy...







Blog Archive